Saturday 7 May 2011

Party, Stealth, Relax

I've been busy. Sorry. In the past 3 weeks I've

* partied with friends & lost sleep at an afterparty * tried to be stealthy on SouthBank & failed * didn't do yoga for a full week & felt guilty * went to Germany * slept for 10+ hours each night for a long weekend * ate home-cooked food I didn't have to cook myself * bathed in hot springs & relaxed on warm sand * spent hours reading on the balcony & finished 2 books * went shopping for summer dresses (more to come) * went back to yoga & enjoyed it muchly *

The Easter Weekend was busy, the long weekend of the Royal Wedding was insanely relaxing. I didn't even realize I was so sleep-deprived & stressed until I stopped being sleep-deprived & stressed. Going back to Germany always chills me out of London rushing around mode.

I've finally gathered enough strength & momentum to have a serious look at my living situation. This has so far resulted in quite a bit of frustration, as London has gotten more expensive than I'd thought. I'm not giving up yet, though. I might have to revisit areas, maybe change plans, but it's gonna happen this year.

On body-related news, I'm currently a bit behind in my yoga practice but should be back in the heat & humidity tomorrow evening (after a shopping trip, ahem). I'm reading Eat To Live which basically advocates a mainly vegan diet, it's very well researched & I'm planning to give it a try. I haven't quite figured out how to tackle it yet, it's quite strict on the no salt & no sugar thing, but it allows huge amounts of veg, beans & other tasty stuff so should be do-able. In a way it's very similar to 4-hour Body/4-hour Diet, only that this approach allows meat & a cheat day, which Eat To Live doesn't, really. Colleagues keep pointing out that I'm eating pretty healthy (there's also been suggestions that I supply lunch for the department), which might be true compared to what they eat, but I still consume huge amounts of sweets & chocolate.

So for the time being & until I've finished reading the book I'm aiming at eating more salads, veg, beans & tofu/seitan/tempeh and less carbs/sugar.

I want to be in shape in time for Burning Man - I'm planning on wearing loads of cute outfits which just won't fit at the moment (there's this tiny skirt I've bought years ago which I'd really, really want to introduce to the desert).

* engage Life-Changing-Mode*

No comments:

Post a Comment