Wednesday 19 May 2010

Resurfacing

 
Things that what happened in the days since the last update:

I've got a new phone! Hooary! In the end, and with an awful lot of procrastination & to-ing & fro-ing I went for the HTC Legend on a Vodafone contract. The number (my old one) went live today & I'm slowly getting to grips with high tech shiny phone. I've basically moved from stoneage (4 year old Motorola Razr) to spaceage. I now has interwebs on tha phone!

My hayfever is back. This coincides with the weather getting sunnier & warmer, which is extremely annoying as I like the weather, but not sneezing myself to death. At the moment my options are a) take antihistamines, stop sneezing but feel tired & turn into a zombie or b) not take antihistamines, have massive sneezing fits and feel tired & turn into a zombie. I'd go for option c) if there was one, but I haven't found it yet.

I really have to do something about my weight. I don't want to get fat again & I definitely want to fit into my cute summer dresses (yeah, if I had some). So far I've identified nuts as the main culprits for my weight gain. Yes, they're healthy, but I was eating way too many. I'd want to go on a sugar detox, but I'm not sure anyone would still talk to me afterwards. It's a thought I'm entertaining, anyway. Things would be awesome if I'd manage to get through the first week without killing/offending anyone & not go crazy.

Another thing (boys might want to skip this paragraph) is that my breast are incredibly tender at the moment. They're massive, tight, heavy & swollen. It doesn't feel nice. I used to get this quite often when I was younger & not on the pill, but now I'm on the pill, PMS shouldn't happen & still my breasts turn against me. A healthier diet (less salt, caffeine & stress) might fix this, I'm also suspecting that I'm eating too much soy at the moment, which can act as estrogen source. I'm really fond of my soymilk in the morning & in my tea & I love tofu, but I've just bought some rice milk to see if I can use that as a replacement at least occasionally. I don't want to have to buy new bras...

Oh, and I'm still working like mad. It's staring to interfere with my life, which is not good. I'm too tired & braindead in the evening to actually still want to do stuff & meet people, & I don't want that. I love my social life & my friends, I need that to be happy & functioning. I haven't quite figured out what I could do to fix this, as work obviously won't just calm down (althought it might, well, no, not really).

So, what's the plan, Stan? Things I want to get done in the weeks to come:

  • find something that makes my breast behave normal again
  • loose weight/eat healthier
  • get back into rebounding at least 4 times a week with a yoga session afterwards, I've been neglecting this due to feeling ill/shit/stressed
  • really make a bit more effort to find a boy, OKCupid's just not cutting it
  • be more sociable again, even if I have to force myself a little
  • get doctor's appointments sorted out for next month
  • make sure I relax & not just mope around

No comments:

Post a Comment