Sunday 20 June 2010

One Week Holiday


I have spent the last 5 days with my family in Germany. It was really enjoyable, I just relaxed, ate Mum's homecooked food & actually managed to get a sunburn. As usual, I went over with a half empty suitcase & came back with a suitcase full of stuff I just can't get in the UK (like Tempo tissues & antibacterial washing liquid). In some ways, I miss living in Germany. The houses are bigger, it's way more organised than the UK could ever be, it's clean. Oh, and the doctors are better.

I made the mistake to go to the dentist on Monday, before leaving for Germany. I should've just waited & get my teeth done at the huge clinic in Aachen. Anyway, apparently there was a filling that needed to be replaced, which they did. Since then I've been in pain. The cavity was larger than the dentist thought, so she had to take off more tooth & make a deeper filling. I used to have a simple silver filling which didn't cause any problems at all. Now I have a white filling & it hurts. Most of all, it seems to be gradually getting worse. I popped over to the dentist back in Germany, who told me to wait until tomorrow & go back to get the filling re-done if the pain was still there. I'm really pissed off, I haven't had any tooth aches for, errr, at least 10 years & now I'm in pain for something that's not even my fault.

Anyway, the next filling that needs replacement will have to wait until I'm back in Germany.

In flat-related news, I've decided to abandon current flatmates & flatshare with Lynn & Kate for a change. We're looking for a 3 bed (or more) flat or house around Acton or Hammersmith. I'm pretty excited, it would be awesome if we'd find a house with garden! I've got next Friday off & probably head over to Acton/Chiswick to see what the local estate agents have on offer. The only problem is that we have to be out of this flat by 15 August, so time's running & I'm slightly scared that we won't find anything in time. Everybody else seems to be fairly relaxed, though, & if push comes to shove I just look for a short-term let in a random flatshare, I guess.

I can't believe that my week off is already over, I so need more holidays! While I'm fairly happy in my current job I just don't think that permanent employment is the way forward. There are definite advantages of contracting, although the uncertainty of the next job would probably drive me mental.

Tomorrow evening I'm dragging John along to Beardyman @ the Udderbelly, then there's some work social work thing event on Wednesday that I'm still trying to get out of, if the weather's nice (i.e. dry) we're going to watch an opera @ the Scoop on Thursday. Oh, yeah, & NO WORK on Friday, did I mention that already.

I've got a few more weekends that aren't fully booked until the 2 festies in July & really want to use them to find a new accomodation. It's strange, I can't see any further into my future than August, which seems to have been the most pivotal month of recent years (BM last year, moving this year). There will be travel in autumn & I so hope that there will be positive developments in my love life for once, but that's all quite vague & uncertain.

Well, yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment