Monday 28 June 2010

Getting Steamy With The Wallpaper


I did some DIY last week. Indeed!!! And it was pretty enjoyable, especially as people kept feeding me things to make the work go faster :)

But really, I liked getting my hands dirty & helping friends out. After all, once everything is done & the place looks nice & cosy I'll be crashing on their sofa at parties. It's only fair that I do my share. I've offered to help again this week, not sure when yet.

Other than scraping paper off walls & pointing hot steam at the parts that wouldn't come off otherwise, I went to see the Unexpected Opera guys perform again. This time they did "Orpheus Down Under", which was great, outside at the Scoop & absolutely free. I kinda enjoyed "The Barber of Saville Row" a tiny bit more, simply coz I liked the music better. It's so cool that you can do stuff like that in London!

I also attended another one of Paul's birthday bbq's. The bbq last year made me decide to go vegan (nothing to do with the bbq itself, overdosing on meat just sealed the deal) & I really wasn't there coz I liked Paul so much but to keep John company. He's got some really lovely friends, unfortunately Paul isn't one of them. But yeah, the boys smoked some sausages & turned perfectly good steaks into charcoal, while I leisurely barbequed my veggie burger. There were some good conversations & some where you just had to ignore the person it was coming from. All in all, a nice sunny day out in the garden. Worse things have happened.

Oh, and before I forget: Germany beat England in the World Cup. Cue German smugness. We didn't follow the game on TV as that was upstairs in John's flat & we were in the garden, instead we listened to the radio. The reporters were making it really had to make out whether they were shouting coz England had scored or because they hadn't. Anyway, 4 to 1, suckers!

There also was a spell of lettings agent visitng on Friday and some flat hunting on Saturday. Not very successful, as we didn't see anything we really liked. The two properties we say weren't exactly bad, but seeing that we still have 2 months we can be picky. I've sent off the notice to our landlords today, so it's final, I'm leaving this flat & the flatmates behind. It's a bit scary, but I'm also very much looking forward to new people & a new place.

It think that about sums up my activities of the last few days. This week probably got some more DIY lined up & I've also been chatting to a bloke on that dating site who might want to meet me. After the last banter I had kinda got lost in the sands of time & the interwebs I'm sceptical, but who knows, maybe this time. He sounds nice enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment