Sunday 14 November 2010

Well, Maybe Not


I've had a look at a room in a flatshare today, thought I might as well keep my eyes open but this place isn't what I want. Which is not too depressing, as things are actually not that bad at the moment in my current place.

Since I bought a new TV (a 22'' LCD HD widescreen) & moved the Sky box into my room (with no help from my flatmates, though) I can watch TV in a warm, cosy room - either heated by our central heating or a quite good electric heater. My room is comfy, the kitchen gets warm ok if you put the heating on & cook, so basically as long as I don't get the idea to spend a lot of time in the lounge I'm kinda ok. The landlord seems to be an extremely busy person, but we have the number of the plumber & the handyman (who lives next door) now, so if we really need to we can take matters in our own hands. The plumber's a bit flaky, but I guess that comes with the profession, but he came over yesterday to bleed the radiators, change some settings on the boiler & even promised to talk our landlord into installing thermostats on our radiators. If the handyman (again, a very flaky & extremely busy person) now would get around to installing the loft insulation, we might even be on the way to making this place quite livable.

And it's not as if my flat & the flatmates don't have advantages. I can have people over if I want to (& get the place warm) without anyone complaining. I can come home whenever I want to & in whatever state I might be in, they know me & my lifestyle & are ok with it.

I do miss living with sociable people & it sure would be nice to have a place that's warm all the time, but that might not be possible at the moment in the configuration I'd like.

I'm thinking it might be a good idea to just wait for a while, get my thoughts & wants in order & then come up with a nifty move. Cue mad laughter.

In an attempt to find sociable-ness outside my abode, I met up with John today to check out the latest exhibition at the Wellcome Collection, High Society, which basically looks into drug use across the centuries. It was really interesting, but after some really excellent & well thought through previous exhibitions, I was a bit disappointed to not find more information & insights. It made me go "ah" a few times, but generally could've done with something more.

After an exploration of the bookshop in the same building (which by the way is excellent), I made my way towards Oxford Street to stock up on facial cream & lingerie. I hit La Senza first, got measured (apparently I'm now a 80 DD, which I'm not entirely sure applies to other bras except for the ones in that shop) & bought 2 bras, then wandered over to the perfume section of Selfridges to get some new Clinique face cream. I also wanted to get new deodorant, I've basically been using the same brand since I've started using deodorant. Yes, honestly. I've strayed a few times, only to return again because it's the best stuff EVER. Which has now been discontinued in the UK, or so I've been told. I'm shocked & slightly worried that they've stopped selling it in Germany as well, which would mean I'd have to find a new deodorant AFTER ALL THOSE YEARS! (ok, I've just checked on the Lancome website & it's still listed there. Quite possibly the person selling Lancome stuff in Selfridges was lying just to upset me)

There's more sociable-ness coming up on the next weekends, with Elysian Project next Friday, a party at Charlies to celebrate her new boobs (don't ask) the week after & my birthday beginning of December. I'm currently a tad worried as responses to my invite on FB haven't been as numerous as expected, but I hope that's going to pick up closer to the date. It would be a shame if now that I can have parties in my flat people are not interested or too busy to attend.

So, things are not as bleak & I feel less whiny than when I was writing the previous posts, but the flat situation needs a good looking into & my social life needs a good kicking as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment