Thursday 26 April 2012

Laughter & Tiny Zen Gardens


I went to the Science Museum Lates last night. Haven't been there for a while, it's always fun, but I just don't really remember it's on unless someone reminds me. In this case, it was Babs.

So I trekked over to South Ken after work, got there early enough to queue in the pouring rain for about 15 minutes until they let us in. It wasn't as busy as some other times, probably because of the shitty weather, but still busy enough. The theme this time was "The Mind", which worked quite well with my recent bouts of the crazies, really.

To start off we attended a Laughter Yoga session which was, errrr, really funny. Not sure if it's something I would actually do on a regular basis, I mean, I think I laugh and giggle enough as it is. Doesn't take much to set me off, either. So year, that was fun.

Then we got lost a bit looking for the Speed Dating that my flatmate (who's very much on the hunt for a boyfriend, quite persistently so) insisted on attending. To our relief it was already fully booked, so no need to spend precious fun time talking to strangers. We wandered on to find the Bouncy Castle. Yes, they had a Bouncy Castle!!!! Unfortunately it came with a rather long queue, so I we just grabbed some space hoppers and bounced around on those. Ended up racing my flatmate on them and won, subsequently falling over rather ungracefully (and, I think, on video), but yay! I'm not really doing very well on the acting like a grown-up part...

Oh, and there were Zen Garden DIY kits. Quite small Zen Garden DIY kits, as in, chinese take-away box small. Was a bit disappointed, I like my Zen Gardens a bit bigger, but nevertheless got a kit and tried my luck. They even gave us some stones to put in them, which seemed to make my garden look a bit like boobies in a box. Ok, maybe I was pushing it (what did I say about that failing at being a grown-up?). The next one I did looked much more dignified, honest. Stole some of the pretty stones from some abandoned gardens as well to take home, didn't take the box and the sand, though.

We tried to get into the Silent Disco, but the queue was too long, so we just went upstairs again to the Launchpad to play around and be educated.

It was over way too quick, as always, definitely have to remember to keep checking for the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment