Saturday 22 December 2012

An Unexpectedly Good Movie


Went to see The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey last night. In the IMAX (although the one in Wimbledon, which is not quite as amazing as the one in South Bank but has the advantage of only being a lot closer to where I live), in 3D.

It was pretty, so fucking pretty. I might've squeed an awful lot.

The landscapes were amazing, the Elf city and the goblin underground city (I can't remember the names, I suck at names) had me breathless, they were so detailed. In terms of eyecandy, this film absolutely wins.

Yes, it was long. 169 minutes of foreplay. Almost 3 hours of build up to the sequels. My ass actually went numb.

But FUCK it was pretty.

I've read the book, it's much easier to get through than the bloody 3 book road movie that is Lord Of The Rings, but it's been a while and I don't remember much detail and from what I gather Peter Jackson also added details from other Tolkien books that I haven't read, so I can't comment on how close the film is sticking to any of that, but I don't care, really.

It was just a really nice movie. 4.5 out of 5 stars, my hobbitses.

In case you're wondering who I went with, I've been getting a bit closer to the downstairs neighbours. We went out for drinks this week which was unexpectedly good and then we decided to go watch The Hobbit. Since Babs went back to Germany I've lost my movie buddy, my flatmate is a bit useless when it comes to taste in films (chick flicks, anyone?), but the guys downstairs seem to be up and interested, which is great.

I did miss a booty call while in the movies, so while I saw a great film, I didn't get laid.

You win some, you loose some.

No comments:

Post a Comment