Thursday 11 April 2013

It's Life That Scares Me To Death


Wow, it's been quite a while since I last posted. I'd do a massive update, but I'm not entirely sure I remember everything that happened from end of Jan to now.

So, let's just start where we're at right now:

  • I'm going to Germany for a long weekend end of this month, sneaking off to Belgium for Groezrock Festival on the weekend to see RISE AGAINST and THE USED. Excited? Fuck yeah! Currently it looks like I'll be on my own, but I'm sure I'll manage.
  • I'm going to Toronto, Canada end of next month for two weeks. The plan is to visit (and hopefully stay) with Burner friends and maybe embark on a little 2 or 3 day trip to Montreal once I'm there. I haven't booked anything except my flight yet and I'm just a bit terrified that I'll get bored on my own and that no one wants to see me or have me on their couch. I'm pretty sure I'm wrong, but hey, that's my head.
  • I've got my ticket for Boomtown for August. Again, friend are being awkward regarding their participation but I want to go and I'm sure someone will join me.
  • I've also bought an early bird ticket for Warped UK (2 days, Ally Pally) and, hey, hooray, RISE AGAINST were announced as one of the headliners. It's gonna be amazing and I'm hoping my emo buddy finds the money to come along. Yay!
I'm also toying with the idea of going to Morocco in autumn and doing a long weekend in Barcelona with my mum. That's rock'n roll for you, ladies and gentlefolk. I looks like this year is going to be the year where I do stuff because I want to, even if I have to do it on my own. It wasn't planned like that, it just happened, but I'm confident I can wing it.

Other things that happened:

  • My Chemical Romance decided to call it quits just when I was making friends in the bandom community.
  • I've written 22 fics in slightly less than 12 months and most of them are pretty good. It's so amazing that people like what I write and actually encourage me to write more!
  • The Used are just as silly and ridiculous as usual. Some things just don't change.
Ok, turns out writer's block also transfers to blog posting. This is not the most coherent or eloquent post ever, but my brain's fried from work and the words just don't come out right. *sigh*

Better luck next time, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment