Sunday 27 January 2013

My So-Called Life


I've been pretty busy this past week. Mostly in entirely good ways, although work's imploded on me, too, which is something I could have done without. It's all manageable.

So. It kicked off with a writing challenge and me actually making the deadline and delivering a pretty good fic. Turns out I can write to deadlines, even though it felt like I was squeezing words out of my brain at some point. Still, I delivered and people were happy.

The next day I met up with a friend from Canada and spent a lovely day with him exploring London and catching up. I've now got one more standing invite to come visit Toronto, which means I really have to get my act together AND GO sometime this year.

On Sunday I braved the snow and went to Bethnal Green to watch a friend of mine wrestle. Mexican Wrestle. Lucha Britannia it's called and it was pretty awesome.

Monday I helped another friend with a project on people with prescription glasses and 3D glasses. Spent a great evening brainstorming, eating tasty food and chatting. So great!

Tuesday I actually was home in the evening, mainly doing household stuff and getting myself organised for the rest of the week.

Wednesday I went to the National Television Awards courtesy of an agency who'd invited us to a suite in the O2. This meant free food and booze, so I ate way too much. I still don't recognize most of the British celebs, so the appeal of the evening was a bit lost on me. Didn't go to the afterparty because I didn't see the point and needed sleep.

Thursday I trekked into town after work to watch DJANGO UNCHAINED which was awesome. Tarantino's totally back on form.

Friday I met up with a friend for a massive catch-up and tasty, tasty (and insanely cheap) Thai food.

Yesterday was another friend's birthday, which meant food and the Rocky Horror Show. I've seen Rocky Horror before but never like this - Dr Frank N Furter was gorgeous and there was dancing and shout backs and everything awesome.

And today I went into town for a bit of shopping.

Next week's not going to be quite as busy, at least fun-wise. Work's probably not going to calm down for another month or so.

But all is good. Life is pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment