Sunday 18 April 2010

We Do Have Spring


The landlord finally fixed our plumbing issues on Friday. I'm not sure if it's normal, but I find having to deal with stuff like that terribly exhausting & it didn't help that she/the plumber had left a "bit of a mess" in the flat. I subsequently spent most of Friday evening mopping the floor & cleaning the bathroom. Not my idea of a relaxing evening & by the time I had finished it was too late & I was too tired for a party, especially as it would've involved a 1 hour trip to E17. Shame, really.

It didn't help at all that we later discovered that they'd unplugged the washing machine when fixing the drains... I left it to flatmate to deal with that mess as she wanted to do some laundry. I really hope that there are no further problems for a while, I'm so fed up with it.

Yesterday early afternoon I made my way all the way out to Eastcote for Jay's afternoon/evening of movies & fun. It was a lovely day, warm & sunshiney, so we (most of the Monkeys, which was really cool) played in the park before heading back to the flat (awesome flat, massive & very pretty) to make pizza, play Wii & watch a movie. I'm not sure why, but I felt slightly detached from it all, not bad but not quite in the moment. I occasionally managed to snap out of it & it didn't stop me from enjoying the evening, but I felt I was not there with all my thoughts.

This feeling has carried over to today & as much as I'd like, I can't blame it on a night of partying & no sleep as I actually got a ride back into town & was home around 3am. I didn't sleep all that well, mainly because I had a million thoughts running through my head, but enough to wake up on my own feeling rested. I can't put a finger on it what's wrong, I suspect it's a mixture of being single while most of my friends are coupled up (& even getting married, wow!) & work/landlord related stress. It's just all too much at the moment. I tried to make the best of the sunshine by sitting on the roof terrace until the sun got blocked by the house & feel a bit guilty for not taking advantage of the great weather more by heading out to the park, but all I want to do at the moment it mope & feel a tiny bit sorry for myself for undisclosed reasons. If you could order weather matching your mood today would've been cold & rainy as to give me an excuse to watch TV all day.

I really hope that next week is going to be more relaxed, although I already know that tomorrow will be very busy at work with one big report & some smaller ones. I want to get back into exercising at least 3 times a week or more & I probably should start watching what I eat again as the pounds just seem to be piling on & that in turn does not improve my mood at all.

There are things to look forward to, like going to see "Soap" with Lynn on Thursday, Beardyman on 1st May and the Monkey Party on 7th May. I need to find something cool/nice/sociable to do for next weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment