Friday 2 April 2010

Where Is My Life?


I really only seem to get around to updating once a week at the moment. Wah.

I did stay in last Saturday, making some lame excuses etc. It was a severe case of the meh's, very annoying to have that happen on a weekend. Anyway, I watched TV & got an early night, but also felt like an old lady & a bit sorry that I was letting down friends who most likely were having an amazing night that I could've been part of if I just wasn't that pathetic.

On Sunday I made the mistake to go to the hairdressers. Well, I thought it was a good idea, not having had my hair cut for about 3 months & it was getting a bit bulky & out of any hairstyle whatsoever. Still without personal hairstylist, I decided to try the Cutting Crew in Queen's Park, lured in by the closeness of the salon & their quite handy online booking system. I realised I'd made a mistake when I walked into the salon. I was greeted by a middle aged lady with way too much make up in all the wrong colours, the atmosphere was just plain weird & the people who were working there didn't look particularly happy. I was early, but instead of being able to wait in the salon while reading some inspiring hair magazines I was sent away & told to come back in 15 minutes. At that point I contemplated just running away & just not coming back, but I really wanted to get my hair back in some kind of hairstyle, so I wandered off to browse the shops (found a rather good bakery!) & came back in time for my appointment. My hairstylist was a German girl, so far, so good, made explaining what I wanted a bit easier. Not that I had a very precise idea, I just wanted the current cut to get cleaned up, my hair de-bulked & in general have the feeling that the stuff happening on my head looks a bit better. She didn't make any interesting suggestions, but I thought she got the gist what I expected her to do. The girl who washed my hair almost ripped off my head but gave me a nice head massage to make up for it. The actual cut didn't take particularly long, I issued the usual warnings of my hair being a bit obnoxious & that the straightness is decieving & yes, I've got loads of hair (even with the undercut it's A LOT). She thinned it out a bit, but not enough & as it later turned out more on one side than on the other. All in all not a very good experience, but not too bad, either. I paid & walked back home.

The next morning kinda confirmed what I had thought, i.e. that she didn't do a very good job at thinning out my hair. It's happened before, I know it's hard to deal with my hair, but it can be done. Work was too busy to go back Monday evening (I'm working more than I ever worked before, but actually enjoy it) & flatmate & I had a date for sushi & the movies anyway, so I went back Tuesday evening after escaping from work at a decent time only to be told by the lady at the front desk that, no, they can't check my hair that night, I should've made another appointment. All with a big grin, not very understanding at all. I told her that I actually have a job & no time & why can't they just have a quick look over it as it really doesn't take long & I'm prepared to wait. Again, that annoying grin, "no, honey, really, everybody is busy, why don't you come back next week?". At that point I was close to murdering her, but didn't, & just walked out, never to come back. I've never been treated like that at any salon I ever went to, needles to say I'll never go back there & am probably going to tell everybody else not to go there, either. I'm now contemplating getting thinning scissors & take care of my hair myself for a while.

Enough ranting about rubbish hairdressers now, should anyone know a decent one please get in touch.

As mentioned before, on Monday evenning me & flatmate met up for sushi (Yo!Sushi blue Mondays, awesome) & went to see "I love you, Phillip Morris" afterwards. It's a feel good, happy movie. Nothing to shout about, but I think Jim Carrey & Ewan McGregor as gay men in love deserve a honorable mention.

Tuesday that hairdresser catastrophe happened, but it resulted in me having a good 45 minute workout on my trampoline, which was great. I also cooked some amazingly tasty food, rice & lentils with baked onions, pure vegan comfort food! To round things off, I re-dyed my hair cyber purple & watched a new episode of Fringe.

There had been plans for me & Lynn to meet up after work on Wednesday, but she was still in the throes of the lurgy, so that had to be cancelled. Instead I got home only slightly late, had a 40 minute bouncing session with a bit of yoga afterwards & snuggled up in front of the TV. I'm so rock'n roll lately.

Yesterday was the first day in weeks where I wasn't frantically busy at work, a really nice change. I've got loads of stuff on my to do list & next week Tuesday will be horribly hectic as I have to send out 3 channel reviews (one before noon, 2 after), but I can sort of see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm very surprised that I still enjoy what I do, I have been motivated at work for months now (with a few dips, but motivated in genera) & I really hope that all the hard work & making good impressions will pay off in form of praise, more money & maybe a promotion sometime in future. It won't happen right away, I know, I'm only officially starting the job week after next (!), but it seems to be easy to do good & I should make the most of it.

Today started with a very long lie-in (woke up at 1pm!), a lazy stroll to the shops & extensive hangings out on the interwebs. I've started playing a very good online game, to be found here, which is hard to put down. I'm going to Planet Angel's Easter shinding later tonight, already got my outfit worked out & only have optional tweaks to do. I might paint my nails, I might cook dinner but most likely will just have a salad, I might see Andy at some point this weekend, most likely at the afterparty but I'm not particularly worried, really, I'm pretty my relaxed & zen. Who knows, I might finally be off to better days & happier places. Or all just stays the same, which is not perfect, but not bad.

Oh, and I've signed up to OKCupid but already lost interest. I keep getting messages from guys but I'm too lazy to check them out & I definitely can't be arsed to go on dates. I really don't think internet dating is going to work for me, but maybe I'll get around to have a closer look sometime this long weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment