Sunday 22 July 2012

And I'll Savor Every Moment Of It


This winning at life thing we were talking about recently? I'm still doing it. Quite a lot.

I'm also still very much not over The Used. Every time I go on the internet to do things, I somehow seem to end up either looking for fic or picspam and getting distracted. I've pretty much found all the good fic that's out there by now (I think, please wait a moment while I have another look...) and seen most of the pictures. Still can't stop. I'm just a teeny bit obsessed. The Used are doing a tour with Evanescence this autumn, playing Wembley Arena. I'm so tempted to get a ticket, because I need to see them again, but I don't want to fork out big money to only see them play a support set and I don't like big venues. Really don't like big venues. So I'm currently crossing all appendages and checking twitter/googling like mad because I'm hoping they'll play Warped which is happening only a day after the Wembley gig. It is a match made in heaven and I'd much rather go to Warped and see loads of punk bands and watch skaters than see Evanescence...

Writer's block is happening and not going away. I've faffed around with my works in progress (aka the WIPs), but they're not pretty enough to publish yet. I'm getting a bit annoyed with myself. The communities I write for have gone into summer holiday mode, which means no prompts and goddamn it, I NEED MORE PROMPTS to distract me from the stuff that just doesn't want to get written. On a related note, I've published my stuff on AO3 now, which isn't locked and I'm getting hits and even had a few kudos and I'm thrilled. People actually read and like my stories, although I'm far from getting the attention that some of the established writers get (and to be honest, some of them are way better than me).

Ok, enough with this, here's my latest week:

Not much happened from Monday to Thursday, apart from a phone call from a research agency and an invitation to take part in a focus group next week. I'm only doing this for the money, really, and it's quite good money. There also was a leaving do from our student placement and while I don't enjoy hanging out with my colleagues after work (I see them for long enough at work, don't have any desire to spend free time with them), it was rather pleasant.

The young & pretty one came over on Friday and passed out on my bed 2 hours later (after we fucked, and no, I didn't break him, he was just tired, honest!). There were some sexytimes when he woke up in the morning, but no hanging out in bed all day because he had to go and organize a stag do. Spent the day pottering about and the evening doing mostly nothing. It was great. The plan for today was to head over to Camden and buy a hoop, but then the sun came out and the neighbours were getting the bbq ready and I thought I'd just go for a quick spin in the garden. Ended up hanging out with half the house, getting everyone to spin poi, ate tasty foods and got a teeny bit stoned. My poi hooping is improving very slowly, it's really different from spinning poi (because, well, it's hoops and they obviously don't spin like balls on strings) but a lot of fun and it looks pretty. Quite a win of a day. Again.

Things that could improve my winning even further: The landlord agreeing to our suggestion to only raise the rent by £50 (or not at all) and us continuing to be nice tentants, the young & pretty one chasing me a bit more, my manager realising how awesome I am and giving me more money (edit on Monday: salary went up by inflation, at least). Not sure how realistic all of that is, but one can hope.

*hopes*

No comments:

Post a Comment