Friday 12 March 2010

Catching Up, Catching Down


My last update was when?! I think we agree that I've been somewhat busy/preoccupied/stressed out.

But now I'm back, and I'm bringing good news indeed! First of all, I GOT THE JOB! Hooray! It came with lots of kudos from my now-boss & stony silence from my colleague who obviously didn't get it. I'm now working full time on the movies channels & premiere/free cinema tickets were mentioned somewhere along the meeting. Since then I've been working my ass off, apparently they're in the budgeting process & not very organised in their research requirements. But work is still fun, which is surprising as I've been there for what, 4 months now, and the honeymoon period is definitely over by now. Some rough patches were to be expected, but all in all I weirdly enough do kinda enjoy going to work in the morning. Although the commute is a proper drag...

Then there was Planet Angel last weekend. It was a very quiet party, the dancefloors didn't fill up until late & then emptied out pretty quickly again. The music was absolutely banging, though, I danced through the full set of Jurrane & had another boogie to Celladore. None of my friends who aren't working for Angel were there, so I was on my own most of the time. This was a tad strange for a while, but then I made new friends & had a good time. Seeing that there wasn't an afterparty planned I stayed sober the whole night, turns out I do natural highs pretty well, but I did get tired eventually. So I made my way home around 4.30am & collapsed into my cosy bed. Subsequently there was still a lot of weekend left over when I woke up. I took it easy on Saturday, only went down the shops & otherwise lounged about.

On Sunday I went into town as I hadn't been to Oxford Street for ages. I'm not that much in the mood for shopping as I feel too fat, but I thought I have a look around what's up & coming for spring/summer. Turned out, nothing much. Bought a long blue sweater but nothing else.

Wednesday saw me heading to Waterloo after work to meet up with Babs & Stu for dinner at Wagamamas (tasty) & then hook up with a few more people at the IMAX to watch Alice In Wonderland. It was one of the more successful Facebook events I've organised & great to see everyone outside afterparty boundaries. The movie itself was alright, some good ideas, some nice visuals, but overall it felt a bit flat & uninspired. Still, watching 3D stuff in the IMAX is rather awesome.

3 out of 5 disappearingly grinning movie stars, by the way

This weekend will be quiet, I'm staying in tonight & I'm meeting up with Cherelle tomorrow for a bit of culture at the V&A. The flatmates are out for the coming 10 days, which is nice for a change. I'm also trying a one-compliment-a-day approach, in which I make someone (friend/random stranger) an honest compliment. It feels really nice, the world would be such a better place if everybody did it.

It seems I have amazing job, money & bus fu and I'm totally intending on expanding this to being lucky in love. Just watch me!

No comments:

Post a Comment