Tuesday 2 March 2010

Stressed Out

 

Things are a bit difficult at the moment.
Woke up yesterday feeling decidedly NOT GREAT. My eyes were swollen & burned, my nose was still blocked and I was tired despite having slept all night. I contemplated calling in sick but then thought that all my ailments are probably down to the party weekend & it's all my fault & I should just get over it. So I got myself out of the house, the train was delayed & the damn shuttle bus was nowhere to be seen, so I took the normal bus that subsequently got overtaken by the shuttle bus.

I was looking forward to a relatively quiet day at work & hiding behind my computer screen, having finished lots of stuff on Friday. Had a brief fight with my new computer at my new desk (which is a bit chilly) and once I had everthing up and running I got hijacked by our boss boss who wanted some analysis. I then spent most of the day running analyses for her while doing the other things I had to do. My colleague spent the day happily chatting away to the colleague that had returned from maternity leave & actually had the nerve to ask me if I could take care of some of her request because she was "busy". I'm still proud of myself that I didn't kill her.

Left work late & stressed, the bus managed to hit a car on the way to the station & it was a surprise that I made it home at all. By the time I got in I really just wanted to go to bed.

Today was slightly better, nothing imploded on me & I think I did reasonably well in the interview. I know my colleague is going for the job as well but I'm far better qualified (maybe even over-qualified) & would hit the ground running. I still feel rough, it definitely is a cold & not the after effects of the party. I blame Stu.

Cooked some batches of creamy spinach spaghetti for the next few lunches & am now snuggled up in front of the TV waiting for The Vampire Diaries to start. I'm aware that I might be feeling slightly more gloomy than necessary & it all will pass. 

My horoscope for this month looks pretty much awesome, by the way. I hope it's right.

No comments:

Post a Comment