Saturday 27 March 2010

Things That Make You Bounce


It's actually been a full week since I last posted. I blame this on being busy at work & having somewhat of a life.

This week has been a mix of excitement & just staying in at night, which was good. Work is still keeping me on my toes, my boss is now handing over lots of reports I will have to do in future & he really is the King of the Spreadsheet. I'm sure it'll all be easy peasy in a few weeks, but right now I'm struggling through massive tables to update without a clue. It's cool to have full responsibility for a set of channels, to be their point of contact & handle the everyday stuff. My boss has announced that he expects me to take over once I'm up & running with everything. This both scares me to death & really excites me. 

To take my mind off work stuff & because it was planned months ago & I really wanted to go, I went to Camden on Tuesday after work to see Dan Le Sac v. Scroobius Pip rock the Koko. And rock they did! Awesome! Unfortunately they also made me & my friends suffer through two abysmally bad support acts. A girl rapper/shouter that not only had a very annoying voice, but wasn't easy on the eye neither. Thank god Catherine was there to have a little bitching session with me :)

The second support was a fat American guy who also rapped or something & sometime through the gig decided to take half his clothes off. I mean, come on, who wants to see this?

Dan Le Sac & Mr. Scroobius Pip were worth the wait (& it was a very long wait, doors opened at 7pm & they got on stage around 9.30pm), though. Funny, bouncy, great lyrics & awesome show. 

I had plans to meet up with Lynn on Thursday to have a catch up & dinner at Westfield, but she'd only had 2 hours of sleep the night before & wasn't really up for being sociable, so had to cancel. Boo. This freed up my evening somewhat, so I had a brief exercise session (I so loves my trampoline!) & vegged out on the sofa.

Yesterday was Play Time! I ran off at 5.30pm (i.e. on time) from work to the V&A where Playgrounds was about to happen as part of the V&A Late Nights. Having been to the Sandpit last months I sort of knew what to expect & that you had to be there early to get on the lists for games. They did it a bit differently at the V&A, there was no central sign up desk but you had to go to each game individually, which was a bit of a drag as you might show up at one game only to discover it was full already. Managed to meet Benjy & group most people together by simply texting them the room we were in. In the end formed a little group with Benjy, Taynor & later Ellie, which was really cool. We played a Silent Relay, where we were secret agents getting instructions via iPod & had to run around the museum to hand over code words, letters & cameras. It was tons of fun but also a bit stressful as the guys who had planned it had totally underestimated the amount of people crowding the rooms. After that we signed up for Mr Mirrors & had to find our lost identity by solving puzzles & finding people with top hats in rooms that would give us lost emotions. We also played a rather naff version of twister with questions. It was a thoroughly enjoyable evening & I think most people (my flatmate being an exception by the looks of it) had fun.

We stayed & played until the ushered us out. Benjy & Ellie went home, me & Taynor went up to Camden to meet up with Minh. It had started raining & Minh had moved from a really quite cosy pub to the World's End (of all venues). Got to meet some of his friends, but due to an incident with a really drunk girl that they had to take care of the evening was cut short & I was on the bus home at midnight.

My legs really hurt today from all the running around, I miraculously have put on almost a kg (I blame that on bingeing on chocolate the last 2 days & my period starting on Monday, I really hope it's not there to last) and I'm somewhat undecided what to do tonight. Emma's celebrating her birthday by having a pub meet & going to a barn dance thing. There's also the option to go to Whirl-Y Gig, but I kinda ruled that out as the next weekend's going to be a mahoosive party. There's also the rather tempting option to just stay in, be boring & watch a DVD. I'm favoring the latter, really, but know that I'll probably get bored halfway through. I think I'll venture over to Manor House for the pub meet & then play it by ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment