Thursday 31 May 2012

This Is Me

Source: virtualjepha/instagram


Time has passed, things have happened.


I went to visit my family in Germany, which was lovely but the epiphany of uneventful. Ate a lot of strawberry cake and strawberries, built a bbq, amused my brother’s cat and sat on the balcony (reading p*rn). Tried to catch up on sleep, but am still struggling. My body just doesn’t want to be tired at reasonable times and it's way too easy to stay awake.


Had a bit of a chuckle in Heathrow T5’s shops when I misread “The Queen’s Beasts” as “The Queen’s Breasts” and briefly wondered why the fuck they're selling boobs and why anyone would want the Queen's ones. No, I don’t know what the product was, didn’t check because I immediately got distracted by the sparkly floor. I like how my brain acts like it’s on drugs even when it’s not. Just for the record, I’m not on drugs that often, not half as much as I’d like to be because I’m responsible and stuff. 


I also don’t get laid half as much as I’d like to. Just sayin’.


Managed to write more fic which is mostly fragments at the moment because I keep coming up with interesting bits that don’t fit into existing bits. I need to get a proper writing pad because my current one is a bit rubbish and seriously uninspiring. There is a definite need to have a writing pad, because I don’t have a computer small enough to carry with me at all times and inspiration has this very annoying habit of jumping me when I least expect it (like, seconds before I fall asleep or on the train). And once it hits it just doesn’t go away and keeps poking me until I write everything down. My muse doesn’t so much kiss me as punch me in the face and kick me when I'm down. Trust me when picking a muse to get the one with the attitude problem. I’ve also got the suspicion that it goes out drinking and hangs out in seedy places…


I haven’t stopped mainlining The Used since I discovered them. It’s not a issue as such because they’re awesome, but I’m getting a feeling that everybody around me is slightly sick of hearing me go on about them. Or how cute Jepha Howard is (because he is cute and sexy and the hottest bassist alive and insanely zen and simply amazing).


Coming up is a weekend of party, afterparty, possible death by afterparty, picnic and/or birthday celebrations and maybe some shopping. Thank god it’s the Queen’s Jubilee and a very long weekend, otherwise all of that wouldn’t fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment