Monday 6 June 2011

Cautiously Optimistic



Sorry if my last post worried anyone. Things have improved slightly since then, but they're still far from hunky-dory.

Nicci & I seem to have found a flat. It's right next door to Frani's pad, which means it's not where we wanted to be but it could be quite cool to live so close to friends. We've had a look at it last week Wednesday, paid the holding deposit on Thursday & are now waiting for the (private) landlord to get the contract ready. As it stands we haven't signed anything, which means I'm pulling my hair because I hate uncertainty & my trust in landlords only goes so far. The flat's decent, not particularly big but well-formed. It's only me & Nicci sharing, which will hopefully limit the amount of madness going on.

I've told my flatmates on Saturday, because I'm nice & don't want to cause any problems. All was fine until they realized that I'm the only one who can actually do standing orders from their account & that finding someone new might be work. Things have turned a bit, erm, cool. If the flat falls through it's not going to be pleasant.

Work is ambling along. I'm trying to do as little as possible while trying to not appear to do as little as possible. I am learning new skills, which is good, and it's skills I'll need for other jobs. Unfortunately I'm not particularly interested in the stuff I'm doing, but that might change once I'm getting better at it. I'm still far from convinced that all will turn out well in the end, though.

Anyway, only 2 1/2 months to go till Burning Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment