Wednesday 15 June 2011

We're Moving

We have signed the lease to the flat in Wimbledon last night. I've been squeeing quite a lot since then. I absolutely can't wait to leave my current abode behind and am excited like a puppy to be living next doors to some wonderful friends of mine and share the flat with a lovely person I've just met. There is this small part in me which is worried that the new flat will turn out just a bad as the old flat, but that part gets usually shouted down by the parts that are having a party because it's going to be awesome.

I'm planning to move in 2 1/2 weeks, which means I now have to start thinking about how I get all my shit moved from West London to South West London (SW19, to be precise). And, of course, there's the dreaded packing.

There also is the small issue that I need to find someone to replace me on the lease of my current flat. I won't ask around in my circle of friends because honestly, I can't do this to anyone I know. I don't even know how to advertise my room - "morning person who's never around and prefers to keep to themselves when in the flat, will never leave the light on and doesn't feel cold" doesn't really work, does it? My flatmates will have to agree to the new person as well, which basically means they have to recruit someone. This would be great if the ladies weren't too tired after work to interview people and they're away on the weekend. We've now agreed to get people in on the weekend next week. I really hope they find someone straight away. Legally I have to pay the rent until the new person is approved by the agency and I don't fancy paying double rent for long.

But anyway, I'll be out of here soon *squeeeeeee*

And guess what the universe had to say on the day we signed the lease:

WOW! Just checked in on your new flat, Ursula! Love all the "bells and whistles" you dreamed up! Smokin' hot!


Apparently, however, there's some confusion over where the bouncy seat is supposed to go. So I just told them to put it in your world headquarters executive office, in front of the aquarium... beside the hammock... behind the popcorn maker.


OK?


You're so cute,
    The Universe

No comments:

Post a Comment