Sunday 19 June 2011

Looking To The Future

While I'm a bit reluctant to admit it, I think things are looking up. I've slowly started to declutter my room, which involved putting a few shoes & clothes up on ebay (things that I'd want to get money for as they're new/almost new) and stuffing the rest into a bin bag to be taken to the clothes recycling box at Sainsbury's. I've still got alarming amounts of clothes and other stuff, but right now just can't bring myself to give away more. We'll see how I got once I start packing.

Job-wise, there seems to be movement, too. Unfortunately not at my current company, where the situation has come to a stand-still - I think I could stay there for another year or so without the risk of being made redundant and the work I do at the moment is pleasant enough. The developments are occurring somewhere else, I might have interview lined up in the near future. I'm not sure if I'm interested, but it would be pretty unwise to not follow up on the leads I've got. There won't be a promotion or a raise where I'm at now, so it's probably best to look for more money elsewhere.

In terms of love, well, I don't have any suitors waiting at my door but I've met one or two guys recently that I would actually be interested in, which is a definite improvement.

I've discovered yesterday that the weight I thought I'd lost has crept back up again, which I blame on stress all around. My back is acting weird at the moment, too, which makes yoga quite hard and painful. I don't want to make things worse by going, but I also don't want to quit because the rest of my body actually likes the exercise.

I'm hoping that once the move is over things fall into place. I'm not expecting miracles and if I want the body I had the last time I went to Burning Man I should get going with a diet and exercise really soon, but if I'm happier where I'm at then other stuff gets easier as well.

The advertisement for my room is written and will go up on various websites today, I think I'm going to stick around next weekend to see if my flatmates are actually making any effort to find someone new, just in case.

I probably should start making a list of all the places I have to inform of my new address...

No comments:

Post a Comment