Wednesday 13 January 2010

Achoo!



I've got the sniffles. Bad. It started with one blocked (and I mean BLOCKED) nostril & has now moved on to double blockage taking turns with extreme dripping. I think my brain is trying to escape through my nose. I'm not impressed.

I managed to watch the second half of Planet Terror on Sunday. We've also watched Sky Captain & The World Of Tomorrow on Film 4. Let me assure you that none of them is going to make a mark in cinematic history. Planet Terror is entertaining & suitably gory, Sky Captain is stylish & boast the names of Gwyneth Paltrow, Jude Law & Angelina Jolie, interesting ideas & a story that makes no sense whatsoever.

Monday to today was mainly work, with a bit of snow thrown in to make the commute more interesting. Plans were made to put some life back into my life as well. I got myself a ticket for Dan Le Sac v. Scroobius Pip at KoKo 23rd March. I found a 2for1 offer for Decode at the V&A this month, so probably check it out this weekend. Babs & I also got an appointment with Yo!Sushi on Sunday to take advantage of their 40% off promotion.

Tickets were booked to see Avatar at the IMAX, thanks to Rebecca's organisational skills. Unfortunately the IMAX is incredibly popular & decent seats were hard to find, which means we're going to see the film at the beginning of February. Nevertheless, it will be awesome. I've actually read in the Metro (place of the higher end of journalism) that people were getting depressed after seeing Avatar because the world the director created is so awesome & pretty that they feel their own little, grey world is inadequate. Err, yeah, duh. It's only a movie. It's not real, even though it's on the big/huge screen & in 3D. Honestly, some people...

John, Babs & I also had the idea to watch Daybreakers tomorrow, but they're only screening it a totally irresponsible times so we had to reschedule for next week, when for some reason only known to Vue it's on at 7pm on Wednesday.

And now please excuse me while I disappear in a pile of tissues...

No comments:

Post a Comment