Tuesday 26 January 2010

Let's Go To The Circus



More of a quiet weekend that was.

Stayed in on Friday night, which was very relaxing & totally enjoyable. Subsequently woke up rather early on Saturday (7am) but didn't get up until 9am. I had an appointment at the hairdresser to get my undercut cleaned up for 11.15am, so took my sweet time to get ready and then bimbled to Camden. They cut my hair (well, the small bit) for free, I got the offer to get it coloured for free as well if I can get a morning or afternoon during the week off to go to the Tony & Guy academy. Not sure if I'm up for that, taking half a day just to get my hair done seems like such a waste. That said, I haven't got my hair coloured by a professional for yonks and I'm still contemplating taking next week Friday off because a) I'm going to the IMAX Thursday evening, which will be a very late night and b) I want to go to Planet Angel on Friday, which is more fun if I'm well rested. Have to investigate that option.

Once I was done with the hairs I called John and arranged to meet up at Inspiral for noon. Spent 20 minutes walking up to the Lock, then installed myself inside the cafe with a book & a really very tasty soy chai tea latte. The food at Inspiral is really good, all vegan & freshly made. Their chai tea latte is as good as the one Starbucks does, & if you have any idea how much I cherish my Starbucks chai tea latte you know that this is seriously good. The crowd around lunchtime on a weekend was bearable & not quite the usual hippie/esoteric people, which tend to annoy me a little.

John arrived but wanted to get some food on the market & also have a stroll around to look for warm sweaters as he was going to Finland the next day. Saw some nice t-shirts & other things, will have to head to the market this weekend or so to get them & also hunt for a skirt to wear with  my red corset as I'm going to TG next month.

After food & walk & having been led around Cyberdog's kinky section (no, I have no idea why you'd want to buy sextoys in a rave shop) we got on the bus down to Oxford Street. Went to a few shops, then headed over to Chinatown as I wanted to get some stuff from the supermarkets there. Couldn't find the items I was looking for, though, & it was terribly crowded, too, so we went back to Camden, where John went home & I bussed over to Finchley Road.

There's a small, Japanese shop just next to the Waitrose that had exactly what I wanted (hijiki & arame seaweed) & I also took the opportunity & went for a shopping spree in Waitrose. Somehow managed to spend £25 on, errr, stuff. Tasty stuff. Then got on the rail replacement bus (don't ask... tubes are seriously fuqed on weekends at the moment) back home.

Altogether a good day. No evening activities except more TV & a fairly early night.

Attempted a lie-in on Sunday morning, but my body very adamantly doesn't want to sleep longer than 8 hours. I'm seriously awake after that amount of sleep at the moment, not sure why. Might be because of a healthier diet or maybe my body produces natural speed now. Who knows?

Cooked a nice stir-fry for lunch, then got ready to go to High Street Kensington to meet up with Lynn & Kate for pre-Cirque dinner. We went to Giraffe, which resulted in a tasty "superfoods" salad (not sure what the superfoods were supposed to be, it was green leaves, pumpkin, beetroot & beans).

Oh, yeah, we went to Cirque Du Soleil in the Royal Albert Hall. Totally forgot to mention that previously :)

Lynn had gotten us amazing tickets in one of the Grand Tier boxes. Fabulous views.

Varekai, the show, was pretty average. Very colourful, good acrobats, but a pretty much non-existent story even for Cirque Du Soleil standards. Ka, the show I saw in Vegas, probably set an unattainable standard for all future shows I'm going to see. It was just too good.

Got home around 11pm, just in time for bed. As much as I like relaxing weekends like the last one, I find myself looking forward to a bit more action in February...

Work is still going great, I've got an interview at MTV (yes, for real) next week. I'm excited & a bit apprehensive as I would love to stay at Sky (if possible) but the MTV role sounds good as well, is based in central London & pays about 9k more. I'm looking forward to meeting them, I've never met anyone from their research team & have never seen their offices. Everything else I'll takle when it happens.

P.S.: Made a batch of cupcakes tonight. Vanilla with chocolate frosting. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment