Saturday 16 January 2010

Frequent Flyer: An Evening Of Spoken Word With Henry Rollins



Just look at him!!! *swoon*

Ok, have to calm down now. Thanks to a friend's Facebook post a while back I'd heard about Henry Rollins coming to London to do a spoken word performance. I got totally excited, having first noticed him in some 5-minute-rant vids on MTV years ago. I loved the energy & the anger coming through, also that he seemed to know exactly what he was talking about. And yes, he does look rather tasty as well, which made things even better.

Tickets were purchased, I only got seats on the balcony which turned out to be really high up & pretty far away from the stage. I hate buying tickets for venues I don't know, you never know if that seat that looks good in their seating plan actually is. Next time I go to the Royal Festival Hall I know...

Anyway, flatmate & I got in, took our seats & got comfortable. All there was to see was a mic stand on a vast empty stage. The lights went out, Mr Rollins entered the stage & I was mesmerized! He talked for about 2 1/2 hours straight, about the world, his travels, life & love. Time passsed quickly, it was a pleasure to listen & watch him.

I might have developed a tiny, tiny (errr, ok, MASSIVE) crush on Henry Rollins. He not only looks absolutely tasty (tattoos & all), he's also highly intelligent, cares about stuff & is altogether a total maniac. You see, just my kinda guy.

Left the venue majorly impressed, tubed home & crawled into bed as I was exhausted & still fighting that nasty lurgy.

I'm feeling a lot better today, my nose is still not quite unblocked but I'm less under the weather & therefore contemplating a trip to the V&A this afternoon.

More culture, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment