Thursday 7 January 2010

So This Is 2010



It's a week into the new year. It's been going quite nice so far.

Planet Angel was a lot better than expected. It actually was really good! The venue was way out in the sticks, somewhere Bethnal Green & then a 10 minute bus ride up the road. They'd made an effort to decorate the place, I got greeted by a bouncy Fraser & there were lots more people I knew than I thought would be there. I might've spent 2 hours snogging some boy from Brighton, who fucked off spectacularly fast when I broke the news to him that I don't do one night stands. Tough luck, stranger! Had quite a few boogies, got facepainted & hugged. Very much enjoyed myself. Stayed till the bitter end, then squeezed into a cab with Gemma, Russ, Ellie & Pete to party on at the Zoo. It was one of the good afterparties, the ones where you talk lots, play some games, venture outside to poi/hoop/staff and everybody feels loved & happy. A very promising start to the year, indeed.

Went home late in the evening of New Year's Day & spent the next 2 days recovering. Didn't feel like I needed to do something, I just vegged out, fought with the lurgy & relaxed.

Going back to work was alright, I still enjoy what I do.

The weather's been cold, icy & snowy all week, we got sent home early yesterday & today. It looks like the cold snap is going to stay for a while, with more snow forecasted for the next days. It's proper winter outside London, but within the city it's just mushy & icy. I'm really hoping for real snow in the city, it would be absolutely awesome.

Of course, the UK being the UK, things are breaking down, getting cancelled & are delayed all over the place. Apparently they're running out of grit for the streets now & the gas/electricity network is at breaking point. One does wonder occasionally why this island doesn't spontaneously combust.

Oh, and I've met Tom again. Tuesday evening. It was a nice meeting, we talked lots had tasty Italian food & I came to the conclusion that he's way too complicated & busy with his children & work to be in any way boyfriend material. D'oh. We have decided to go clubbing together, though, so not all is lost. And while he definitely looks his age (he's 40), he's quite a pretty one.

I'm feeling rather optimistic about this year so far, bring it on!

♥ Love to you all ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment