Sunday 21 February 2010

I've Got The Poison, I've Got The Remedy

 

Last night was a bit underwhelming. I did meet my friends, tho, which was nice. 
I managed to get ready without any major wardrobe drama, mostly coz dressing up for goth stuff is a lot easier than dressing up for a rave. You can skip all that cutie/nice/fluffy stuff & head straight for the black eyeliner. I still couldn't resist wearing purple/black stripey tights. You have to have some standards. 

I'd been listening to some mix from one of the Antidote DJs while getting ready & having a right bounce around my room. It was an excellent ebm/electro meets trance affair & I was glad to find that my inner goth & my inner psy-trance bunny get along really well & were ready to party it up.

Went past Camden to collect John (who for some reason was wearing a bright blue t-shirt, hmmm) & we took the bus over to Old Street as it quite conveniently stops in front of his house. Had a brief getting lost in Hoxton moment, the venue was somewhat hidden. Right next to Cargo.

When we got to ANTIDOTE it was, errrr, quiet to say the least. Looked like only the DJ and his friends were there. It stayed like that for another 30 minutes or so, the music kept repeating itself for some reason. Then people started trickling in, including some of my lovely friends. The venue, La Ti Ri (or something) was tiny, so it filled up quickly. But the night never really took off. There was some dancing & drinking, but it felt more like a house party in a bar than anything else. And if I want a house party I go to a house party & not pay £4 for it, to be honest. People all seemed to know each other & in any case it was probably more of a "let's pass the time until Slimelight" thing than a fresh club night that wants to be taken seriously.

Finally called it a night around 1am & got the night bus to Camden, picked up some chips there & then got the N31 home. 

Unless Antidote gets it's act together & makes a bit more effort, I'm not going there again. It's really disappointing how most club nights are totally rubbish. Maybe I'm just very spoiled.

Today is a lazy day for me. I don't quite fancy shopping & it's not nice enough to go for a walk 'n stuff. It's all good, though, I've got dvds to watch & the interwebs to keep me entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment