Wednesday 17 February 2010

Better Day(s)

 

Today was one of those days where nothing really happens & still stuff does.

It started this morning when I left the house & someone shouted "good morning to you" at me out of a car & waved. It was a fabulously sunny day & it almost felt like spring, so I ventured over to the Tesco's in lunchbreak & found the illusive vegan parmesan substitute I had been reading about in various blogs. I haven't tried it yet, but most things are better than nooch (nutritional yeast, which is pretty revolting). Also spontaneously put together my dinner menu while walking around the shop. Work was busy, so the time passed quickly and on my way to the shuttle bus a woman told me that she thinks the colour of my hair is amazing!

After work I went past the Waterstone's in Finchley Road to stock up on reading material. I had put out a request for book recommendations on Facebook & got quite a good response. I keep forgetting that my friends are major geeks, which is one reason why I love them so much, of course. Ended up buying two books & now also have a mahoosive to-read list, which is awesome because not knowing what to read next can send me into a small panic. Once home I purchased tickets for Alice in Wonderland screening at the IMAX for 6, bought a ticket for the Elysian Project, which is a party run by some of my friends (we have established by now that they're awesome, right?) & a ticket for the next Planet Angel (who am I kidding, I'm going). I also updated my bookmooch wishlist to reflect my newly grown books-to-read list & already found 2 of the books I want (although one of them is currently in Australia, so not sure if I'll get it).

Proceeded to cook some nasi goreng flavoured stir fry but had bran flakes with vanilla yofu for dinner (tasty!), because I keep eating way too much & a large meal twice a day can't be good for losing weight.

Can't help but feel that I should say THANK YOU to the universe for a pretty good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment